July 26, 2010

The DEA wants you.

Partial transcripts: "Jeffrey Sweetin: "According to him and according to what he's probably seen on the news, he probably believes he is legal."

But the head of Denver's drug enforcement office who ordered today's raid told 9 Wants to Know that while State law allows for medical marijuana, Federal law does not. "Do I enforce State law, no I don't. I enforce Federal Law. And nothing has changed in Federal law. Wanting the federal law to be different is not a great stragedy." Special Agent in charge, Jeffrey Sweetin says his office has and will continue to go after large medical marijuana growers...

We will continue to enforce Federal law. That's what we're paid to do. Until the Federal law changes. And the only exception to that is discretion and department guidance. Even the store fronts selling the medical marijuana are not off limits. I just got off the phone with a Denver Post reporter who asked me "Well, you're certainly not going after dispensaries?" to which I said "Who said I'm not?"...

The DEA's response "We will continue to go after large scale operations."

Whatever the hell that means. James Stacy was open for 10 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment